The Skinny Shot is one of Smooth Aesthetics’ newest products and it is just in time for the New Year! Will this replace your resolution of eating better, drinking less, or exercising more? Probably not, but what it will do is help you meet your goals for 2020 and beyond.
So what exactly is a Skinny shot and how does it work?
According to the International Association for Physicians in Aesthetic Medicine (IAPAM, 2019):
Skinny Shots are lipotropic injections. To break down the word lipotropic, it is derived from two words: Lipo meaning fat and tropic comes from the Greek word Tropē which means to turn or turning. By definition, a Lipotropic injection turns fat. They work on your body’s metabolism of fat by decreasing fat deposits from your liver.
Skinny Shots have a combination of lipotropic agents, vitamins and amino acids, and they typically include a “MIC Complex” which is the combination of Methionine, Inositol, and Choline.
- L-Methionine is an anti-inflammatory amino acid that helps the body process fat and eliminate toxins.
- Inositol helps the liver break down fats and works with choline to aid in the metabolism of fat.
- Choline helps regulate the kidneys, liver, and gallbladder and is essential for fat metabolism. Choline also helps with detox.
To summarize, the MIC complex helps move fat out of the liver. Additionally, the MIC complex components, when combined, can help to improve your mental function.
How Our Skinny Shots Differ
At Smooth Aesthetics and Rapid Recovery IV’s, our Skinny Shots are way better than our competitors because they have three extra ingredients. In addition to the MIC complex, our shots have L- Carnitine, Vitamin B1 and Vitamin B5.
- L-Carnitine helps to transport fatty acids and assists your body in converting fat into energy. It’s vital to optimizing performance because it prevents the buildup of lactic acid. (Hammer Nutrition Direct, 2019). If you want to use fat as fuel in the most efficient way, you need L-Carnitine in your life.
- B1 which helps your body use carbs as energy and helps with glucose metabolism
- B5 or pantothenic acid which is one of the most important vitamins because it aids in red blood cell production and it also helps convert the food you eat into energy (Morris & Nicholls, 2017).
In typical nurse fashion, I was a skeptic at first, and wasn’t satisfied until I read a lot of boring medical mumbo jumbo about what I wanted to put in my body. I needed to make sure it was actually worth it, not just for myself, but for all of you too. The bottom line is that using skinny shots along with all of your other New Year resolutions can help you reach your goals.
I wouldn’t endorse a product that I haven’t tried myself… after all, how can I expect others to believe me if I haven’t tried it?! This is why all of us from Smooth Aesthetics and Rapid Recovery IVs are giving it a “shot”. All of us are foodies and though we work out, why wouldn’t we use every tool at our disposal to help us look and feel our best. Bikini bodies are earned in the Winter. Make sure to add our Skinny Shot to your regimen. Book online in Austin or in Dallas.
Hammer Nutrition Direct. (2019). “L-Carnitine – is it good or bad for your heart?”. Retrieved on December 22, 2019 from https://www.hammernutrition.com/knowledge/advanced-knowledge/l-carnitine-good-or-bad-for-your-heart
IAPAM. (2019). “MIC or ‘Fat burning injections”. Retrieved December 31, 2019 from www.iapam.com/mic-injections
Morris & Nicholls. (2017). “What does vitamin B5 do?”. Retrieved on December 22, 2019, from https://www.healthline.com/health/vitamin-watch-what-does-b5-do
Solis, C. (2020). “Skinny Shot”. Retrieved on January 9, 2020, from https://www.RapidRecoveryIVs.com